Accessibility and Code of Conduct
The Dramatists Guild is committed to ensuring inclusive and accessible programming. Please email email@example.com with any questions in regard to accessibility, including your own accessibility requirements. By registering for this event, you agree that you will comply with the Dramatists Guild Code of Conduct for Community Spaces, located at www.dramatistsguild.com/code-conduct-community-spaces. Failure to do so may result in removal from the meeting.
About this Event
Add to calendar
This session will be moderated by Wisconsin DG Ambassador, Liz Fentress.
Thursday, February 17, 2022
Eastern Time: 10:00am
Central Time: 9:00am
Mountain Time: 8:00am
Pacific Time: 7:00am
For a list of all other available Silent Writing dates and times, click here.
Introducing Dramatists Guild National Silent Writing!
We understand that writing can feel like a solitary task from time to time, which may make finding the motivation to write difficult. To assist in this, starting September 2021, the Dramatists Guild is offering online silent writing sessions available for anyone across the country to drop into at any time. These sessions will be hosted by our Regional Representatives, Ambassadors, and volunteer hosts all across the country.
How does it work?
- Find a time slot that works for you and make the commitment to write for that period of time – sometimes simply making the commitment and setting aside the time to write is the most important step;
- Anyone across the country can register for any time slot that they would like to - they are only organized by region to show who will be moderating during that period of time;
- Complete registration for that time slot;
- Prior to the event, you will be sent the Zoom meeting link to attend the silent writing slot of your choice;
- Note: it is important not to login to the Zoom meeting outside of the scheduled meeting times, or you may disturb another meeting or regional event in progress;
- When it’s time, click on the link to join the Zoom meeting;
- The hosting Regional Representative, Ambassador, or volunteer host may choose to greet those in attendance briefly and set expectations for your time together;
- You will be asked to mute your microphone;
- You may leave your camera on for gentle accountability, or leave it off if that is more comfortable to you;
- Once the session has initiated – that’s it! The remainder of the time is dedicated to writing silently in community with the others that have logged in with you at that time;
- You are welcome to use the chat function to reach out to others in the session with you if you have any questions, though it is at the discretion of the other participants whether or not they choose to respond or take the silent time for themselves.
More times and dates will be added as they become available. If you would like to volunteer to host a Silent Writing session, please fill out this form.
Jordan Stovall (they/them/theirs), Regional Programs Manager
Find Out More About the Rep and Ambassador Programs